Nick Liebham for Congress: California's 50th District
The beautiful Ocean Champion endorsement waves keep rolling in with the announcement of our support for Nick Liebham in the 50th District of California.
Nick Leibham is running a very tough race against incumbent Rep. Brian Bilbray, and will require the help of all of us. It is a very important race in what is one our nations most beloved ocean regions, the 50th District of California, which includes San Diego, Cardiff, La Jolla and Del Mar.
The protection of the environment and oceans is one of the cornerstones to Nick Liebham's campaign. The fact that he proactively sought the support of Ocean Champions tells us a lot about the caliber of his commitment to ocean health. Nick reminds us that "a secure and prosperous future requires a healthy planet with enough energy, water, clean air, and natural resources to provide for all of us. Our increasing dependence on fossil fuels will not help us achieve this future. For national security and environmental security, we need to change our energy policy and foster innovation."
- I am opposed to offshore oil drilling. It poses serious environmental and ocean quality risks and provides no solution to lowering gas prices nor a long-term answer to our energy crisis.
- We have a moral imperative to preserve our planet for our future generation. We have the opportunity right now to either choose to ignore all of the scientific facts about global warming or assemble the courage to solve this crisis. Our children and grandchildren have to live with the consequences of what we do or fail to do.
- I believe stripping big oil companies of their ill-gotten subsidies and redirecting them into alternative energy development is the most productive way to invest in our future. Tax breaks for investment in alternative energy need to be renewed and extended.
- I will be a strong proponent of environmental and ocean water quality protection, as opposed to Brian Bilbray's atrocious voting record in this area.
Although he's got a real challenge on his hands, Nick Liebham perseveres with a real commitment to our oceans. "I am honored to receive the endorsement of Ocean Champions. Running for Congress here in a coastal district in Southern California, nothing is more important to me than protecting our oceans and our environment. The people of San Diego deserve a representative who will fight to preserve our oceans. "
Here's what you can do to make sure we elect Ocean Champions, like Nick Liebham, who will better serve us by protecting the health of our oceans:
- Make a contribution to Ocean Champions so we can keep supporting great candidates like Nick Liebham; and
- Make a direct contribution to Nick Liebham.
It is vital that we continue to build a Congress that works to protect the oceans. Please join us in this important endorsement.
For the oceans,
The Ocean Champions Team
P.S. It's not everyday Al Gore attends regional VIP fundraisers for candidates-but, this is just how important Nick Liebham's victory is for the 50th District of California, and our oceans.
Why Are Ocean Champions Endorsements So Important?
When you consider that more than 53% of our nation's population resides on a highly abused 17% of our coasts, and only 5% of our nations political leadership champion ocean health; we think it's important to get more Ocean Champions elected.
Ocean Champions endorsements help to elect ocean-conscious Congressional leadership that will better represent our needs. Our Congressional Champions work to protect waterways while recognizing the direct effect of the oceans' health on our families' health.
Our endorsements provide:
Campaign Funding- through Ocean Champions PAC.
Independent Campaigning - our unique 501(c)(4) structure positions us as the only ocean group that directly works to elect (and sometimes to defeat) members of Congress. In 2006 we played a major role in getting rid of "Ocean Enemy #1", Rep. Richard Pombo (R-Ca.), by funding a door-to-door canvas in his district.
Social Networking Support - (YAY YOU!) Last year, you and your friends sent thousands of letters and calls of support to Ocean Champions Representatives and candidates who are working to move healthy ocean policy into action. There is power in your voice.
Campaign Insight - Our unique bipartisan approach provides incredible social and scientific insight to members on both sides of the aisle.
With what is shaping up to be one of the most important election years of an era-it's never been more important to elect Ocean Champions who better represent our needs.
Join Us. Get Active. Stay Alert. Become an Ocean Champion, yourself!
|Refer friends now!
|Visit OceanChampions.org >>
202 San Jose Avenue
Capitola, CA 95010
Contributions to Ocean Champions are not tax deductible and may be used for political purposes such as supporting or opposing candidates.
For more information or questions about Ocean Champions, e-mail email@example.com. To unsubscribe from this mailing list, click here.