Position: Operations Manager
Location: National Office – New York, NY
: The Sikh Coalition is looking for an organized,
business-oriented individual to manage and scale the fast-paced growth
of the Coalition’s operations in New York, California and Washington
DC. The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring the
performance of organizational operations through effective methods and
strategies. The Operations Manager will work closely with the
Development and Communications Manager and will report to the
- Manage office operations to ensure day-to-day functioning
- Manage payroll and benefits administration for employees
- Process accounts receivables and accounts payables.
- Maintain financial reporting and direct the fiscal year audit.
- Handling outside vendors such as IT support, telephone/internet and building management.
- Ensuring the organization meets state and federal requirements, including government filing, insurance and taxes.
- Organizing recruitment and placement of Americorps VISTA, interns and volunteers year-round.
- Oversee production of Coalition marketing and communication materials
- Ensure office IT / Hardware needs are met and functioning
- Provide operational support to programmatic initiatives and projects
- Implementing organizational policies and procedures
- Maintain supporter database.
- Assist with website and social media management.
- Assist with donor management including data entry, mailings, and electronic communications
- Represent the Coalition as needed at meetings, events, and other occasions
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must be self-motivated, highly organized and have excellent attention to detail
- Ability to design and maintain effective systems, organize resources and establish priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Experience managing projects and interns a plus
- Excellent, written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator and/or video editing software a plus.
- Experience with financial reporting/budgets and knowledge of Quickbooks is strongly preferred.
- IT skills (network management, troubleshooting) are preferred.
- Punjabi language skills strongly preferred
- Experience working in an office environment
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and idea-driven environment
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package includes medical, dental, retirement matching program, vacation and
TO APPLY: To apply for the position, please send your resume, a cover
letter, and a list of up to 4 references with contact details to: email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis..