The Sikh Coalition Internship Program allows students pursuing undergraduate or graduate studies to gain hands-on experience in promoting the civil and human rights of all individuals. Throughout the years, interns have worked to further the mission and vision of the Sikh Coalition by helping to achieve legal victories, as well as educating and empowering the community and contributing to the growth of the organization. We are now offering two internship positions that will be based out of the Fremont, CA office of the Sikh Coalition. The two positions are:
Social Justice Advocacy Intern
The Sikh Coalition is seeking a dynamic intern to work in conjunction with the Director of Law and Policy and the Advocacy Manager to coordinate the Sikh Coalition’s current civil rights campaigns.
The Intern will receive hands-on experience:
- Devising and implementing interdisciplinary strategies to promote civil rights
- Drafting policy positions and papers
- Conducting legal and policy research and writing research memoranda
Click here for more details
Community Organizing Intern
The Sikh Coalition is currently looking for interns with a passion for working toward the empowerment of underrepresented communities. The Community Organizing intern will work with the Bay Area Sikh community to raise awareness and promote engagement.
The responsibilities will include:
- Assist staff with implementing short-and long-term community outreach.
- Conduct outreach such as attending community meetings and tabling at community events/Gurdwaras.
- Maintain database of interested stakeholders.
- Maintain community contacts through phone calls, mailings, emails, and live conversation.
- Brainstorming & implementing tools for community development.
- Recruit and organize volunteers for current and future outreach.
Click here for more details.