Are you a high school or college student looking for valuable leadership opportunities? Then don’t miss out on the opportunity to join the Junior Sikh Coalition team!
After a successful inaugural year, the Sikh Coalition is pleased to invite applications for its youth leadership development program. High school and college youth now have the opportunity to work closely with Sikh Coalition staff to develop into fearless Sikh leaders and work to promote the message of Nirbhau Nirvair – without fear and without hate.
The Junior Sikh Coalition is a robust year-long program that trains Sikh youth on leadership skills that are transferable to their community work, academia, and careers. Projects are designed to enable youth to create change in their local communities.
Through this program, members acquire access to a rapidly developing youth leaders network and gain skill sets necessary for leadership and management.
In its inaugural year, the Junior Sikh Coalition:
Join the Junior Sikh Coalition today to become a recognized youth leader in your community!
Deadline for Applications – June 14th, 2013
The Junior Sikh Coalition is open to students who are juniors and seniors in high school and freshmen and sophomores in college
. Applicants must:
- Have a strong passion for social justice
- Reside in New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut
- Be available to attend a mandatory orientation and Social Justice Boot Camp from August 5th - 9th, 2013 in New York City
- Be available to attend Camp Chardi Kala, a summer Sikh camp from August 11th - 17th, 2013 (need-based scholarships available)
- Attend weekly meetings every Sunday from 12pm – 3pm in New York City from August 2013 - July 2014
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. To learn more, please visit our website.
For additional information, contact Tejpreet Kaur, Director of Community Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.