When Sikhs are attacked in heinous hate crimes, this organization is ready to answer the community’s call for action.
When Sikh students are bullied, this organization is ready to answer the community’s call for action to stand with those students and hold schools accountable.
When Sikhs are forced to choose between their job and faith, this organization is ready to answer the community’s call for action so that no Sikh has to chose between their faith and meaningful employment.
Today we call on YOU to answer our call for support.
Donate today: www.sikhdonate.org
The time has come. Today we are launching our end of year fundraising drive. We need YOU to help us have the resources to be able to answer the community’s call for action to fight for Sikh rights in 2014 and beyond.
Our goal is to raise $750,000 before the end of 2013. If you believe having a no-nonsense Sikh rights institution is important and necessary, please support our end of year campaign today.
2013 marked more than twelve years of impact by the Sikh Coalition and it has proved to be an important year for the community. Recent organizational accomplishments include:
RAISING THE SIKH PROFILE
- Invited to offer prayer at President Obama’s inaugural service
- Enhanced Sikh visibility through major media outlets nationwide, including the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, CNN, Huffington Post, Houston Chronicle, Charlotte Observer, San Jose Mercury News, San Antonio Express-News, Daily Beast, PolicyMic, and The Hill.
- Successfully graduated a new class of the Sikh Advocate Academy
- Empowered Junior Sikh Coalition to create positive changes in their communities
- In the spirit of Chardi Kala, organized Day of Seva events in multiple cities on the first anniversary of the Oak Creek tragedy
Our work to protect Sikhi is only possible through YOUR support. Please give generously today.
As always, the Sikh Coalition urges all Sikhs to fearlessly practice their faith.