As lawmakers reconvene in our nation’s capital and around the United States, we encourage you to regularly communicate with elected officials about issues that are important to you.
Throughout the Sikh Coalition’s history, we have endeavored to promote civic engagement through grassroots advocacy. Many of our advocacy victories were a direct result of supporters like you making phone calls and sending emails and letters to elected officials.
Thanks to technology, it is now easier than ever for Americans to contact their elected officials, and we hope that the following resources are useful to you:
1) We the People – start and sign public petitions to the White House
2) U.S. Representatives – find and call your Congressional Representative
3) U.S. Senators – find and call your United States Senators
4) Countable – a website and app to learn more about current bills and connect with your representatives
5) Communication Tips – guidance from a former Congressional staffer
Regardless of political affiliation, it is important for all of us to engage with lawmakers to ensure our voices are heard during the policymaking process.
The Sikh Coalition
If you would like to be removed from the Sikh Coalition's mailing list, please click here.