August 28, 2017 (New York, NY) – As summer ends and our children head back to school, the Sikh Coalition wants to remind you that our educational brochures
provide an easy way to inform teachers, parents and students about the basic tenets of Sikhism. “The Sikhs” brochures
give an overview of the gurus, Guru Granth Sahib, articles of faith and core Sikh beliefs.
Through the generous support of the Munshi Bishan Kochhar Foundation, “The Sikhs” brochures are available in 18 languages and are completely free.
REQUEST BROCHURES -- To get free physical copies of “The Sikhs” brochures, send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
• Contact name & affiliation
• Mailing address
• Phone number
• Quantity and language needed
• How you intend to use the brochures
TAKE ACTION -- Use brochures to easily share basic tenets of Sikhism
1. Share Brochures at Your Child’s School
– Share brochures with teachers, parents and administrators for easy reference.
2. Bring Brochures to Your Gurdwara
– Request brochures and keep them on hand for non-Sikh visitors to your gurdwara.
3. Take Brochures With You When Traveling
– Whether or not you’re traveling to an English-speaking country, we likely have the educational brochures you need. Scroll down this website
for a listing and links to our brochures in 18 languages.
In addition to our brochures, please check out our free school resources
, including presentations on Sikhism, lesson plans, Sikhi-themed puzzles and more. We welcome your ideas and feedback for educating our communities, and we will continue to share useful resources in the coming weeks and months.
As always, the Sikh Coalition urges you to practice your faith fearlessly.