April 12, 2018 (New York, NY) – On March 30th, the Sikh Coalition announced
that CNN’s Emmy Award-winning United Shades of America with W. Kamau Bell
will feature the first-ever hour-long cable episode exclusively focusing on the Sikh American community. The episode is scheduled to air on Sunday, May 6th at 10 pm ET/PT.
NOW WE NEED YOU TO TAKE ACTION SO THAT AMERICA WATCHES
- Share: Take two minutes to share the episode details on WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Click here to download the informational graphic.
- Share your excitement: Tag the Sikh Coalition and CNN’s host, W. Kamau Bell. Use #SikhsOnTV #UnitedShades.
- Host a viewing party: Invite your friends, neighbors, classmates and colleagues to a viewing party. If 10pm is too late, don’t worry! Record or live stream the episode, and invite people over to watch it at a later date. Send the Sikh Coalition photos of your viewing party so that we can share them on social media.
- Share at school: Parents, let your teachers know the episode is happening, and share that this is an incredible educational opportunity for students to learn about their Sikh classmates. Email the Sikh Coalition’s Education Director, Pritpal Kaur, for additional support: email@example.com.
- Share with your interfaith group: This is a great opportunity to engage interfaith partners. Invite a local interfaith group to watch the episode together and meet members of the local Sikh community.
- Sign up: Tell your friends and family to sign up for our email alerts so they can receive important information related to this episode that we will be announcing over the next month.
The Sikh Coalition media and communications team spent six months supporting United Shades of America
producers with background resource material, fact-checking and B-roll footage. Now, the Sikh Coalition is working to amplify the CNN episode in an effort to engage and educate the larger American public.
“W. Kamau Bell and the CNN team showed great sensitivity to understand different aspects of Sikhism and the diversity within the Sikh community,” said Sikh Coalition co-founder, Harpreet Singh, who is one of two Sikh Coalition colleagues featured in the episode. “The final product shows a great deal of creativity in showcasing Sikhs — from politicians and entrepreneurs to activists and soldiers — as an integral part of the American fabric.”
Per CNN, all air dates for episodes of United Shades of America
are subject to potential change. If that happens, the Sikh Coalition will update you immediately. United Shades of America
will also stream live for subscribers via CNNgo on Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, Samsung Smart TV and Android TV. The series will also be available the day after the broadcast premiere on demand via cable/satellite systems, CNNgo platforms and CNN mobile apps.
As always, the Sikh Coalition urges you to practice your faith fearlessly.