May 6, 2018 (New York, NY) – The groundbreaking Sikh episode of CNN’s United Shades of America with W. Kamau Bell airs TONIGHT. Tune in at 10pm ET. The episode also airs at 10pm PT and 9pm CT.
“The United Shades episode provides a nuanced portrayal of the Sikh experience in America,” said Sikh Coalition co-founder, Harpreet Singh. “It will educate mainstream America about Sikh values and beliefs that have enabled Sikhs to overcome adversity and thrive in this country for over a hundred years.”
The Sikh Coalition team has spent six months supporting United Shades of America producers with interview research, background resource material and B-roll footage. In recent weeks, the Sikh Coalition has also worked with W. Kamau Bell and CNN to further amplify impact. Read Sikh Coalition Social Justice Fellow, Winty Singh on CNN, the #SikhsOnTV Twitter Town Hall and the W. Kamau Bell Facebook Live interview. Click here to see photos from our special pre-screening event in New York City and go to CNN’s landing page for more clips and stories.
TAKE ACTION NOW TO MAKE SURE AMERICA WATCHES TONIGHT:
- Share: Take two minutes to share the episode details on WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Click here to download the informational graphic or click to share promotional videos on Facebook and Twitter.
- Share your excitement: Tag the Sikh Coalition and CNN’s host, W. Kamau Bell. Use #SikhsOnTV #UnitedShades.
- Host a viewing party: Invite your friends, neighbors, classmates and colleagues to a viewing party. If 10pm is too late tonight, don’t worry! Record or live stream the episode, and invite people over to watch it at a later date. Send the Sikh Coalition photos of your viewing party so that we can share them on social media.
- Share at school: Parents, let your teachers know the episode is happening, and share that this is an incredible educational opportunity for students to learn about their Sikh classmates. Email the Sikh Coalition for additional support: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Share with your interfaith group: This is a great opportunity to engage interfaith partners. Invite a local interfaith group to watch the episode together and meet members of the local Sikh community.
- Sign up: Tell your friends and family to sign up for our email alerts so they can receive important information related to this episode and other Sikh Coalition initiatives.
W. Kamau Bell interviews Sikh Coalition co-founder, Harpreet Singh and Sikh Coalition Social Justice Fellow, Winty Singh along with Yuba City Sikh Mayor, Preet Didbal; Yuba City farmer and community leader, Karandeep Bains; Revolutionary Love founder, Valarie Kaur; Sikh soldier and doctor, Lt. Colonel Kamaljeet Singh Kalsi; Sikh actor and designer, Waris Ahluwalia; and Harpreet’s son, Dilzafer Singh.
Per CNN, the United Shades of America
episode will also stream live for subscribers via CNNgo on Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, Samsung Smart TV and Android TV. The series will also be available the day after the broadcast premiere on demand via cable/satellite systems, CNNgo platforms and CNN mobile apps.
As always, the Sikh Coalition urges you to practice your faith fearlessly.