Dear Supporter Ji,
We are sure your inbox is inundated with emails asking for your support. However, we also trust you aren't tired of the work we do to safeguard your rights and raise awareness of the Sikh community!
This is not an arbitrary deadline: today is the final day! We are $171,288 away from reaching what we need to meet our 2020 year-end goal. If you are in a position to do so, we ask that you consider making a donation to the Sikh Coalition now. In doing so, you will help ensure the Sikh Coalition can finish this year strong and continue our essential work in 2021 and beyond.
This year was a challenging one for us all. The Sikh Coalition pivoted to help our community respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, while maintaining our core work. This included:
- Disseminating more than 25 resources in both English and Punjabi covering pandemic-related information including CDC guidelines, small business loans, travel advisories, and more.
- Provided direct legal representation for Sikh healthcare professionals so they did not need to shave their beards given PPE guidelines. Additionally, released a memo to guide hundreds of other healthcare workers to secure their rights.
- Created more than 115+ hours of free virtual programming for both children and adults.
- Responded to over 200 intakes requesting free legal aid.
- Placed 84+ news stories and have had nearly 2,000 mentions of our work, reaching millions of Americans. This includes stories of seva during the pandemic and most recently, amplifying why Sikhs in America are holding rallies in support of protesting farmers in India.
- Called 15,000 Sikh voting households in “swing states” and reached tens of thousands more via email, text, social media, and Punjabi media outreach.
These are just a couple of examples. Click here
to read all about this work and more in our 2020 Year in Review
Again, today is the last day
to make a donation to help us meet our goal and set us up for success in 2021. Donate online at www.sikhdonate.org
; you can also send us a check payable to the Sikh Coalition at: 50 Broad Street, Suite 504, New York, NY 10004.
It is vital that the Sikh Coalition is able to continue protecting and advocating for all of us in a time of great uncertainty. Now more than ever, what we do today will have an impact for generations to come.
The Sikh Coalition Team