February 23, 2021 -- Have you RSVPed to reserve your spot at our COVID-19 vaccination webinar
this Saturday, February 27? Join us from 4:00 to 6:00 PM EST for a conversation with Sikh physicians and gurdwara leaders.
After you RSVP, meet our amazing panelists below--and please submit your questions in advance of the webinar by emailing us at email@example.com
- Dr. Jasjit Singh is a Pediatric Infectious Diseases subspecialist. She is Assistant Director of the division and serves as the Medical Epidemiologist for Children’s Hospital of Orange County in California. Dr. Singh’s main interests are in the prevention of infection and vaccines, international health, and primary immunodeficiency conditions in children. She has been chairing the Orange County Immunization Coalition since 2013 and also serves as the vaccine champion for Chapter 4, AAP. Dr. Singh recently joined the board of the California Immunization Coalition (CIC) and as of January 2020, started a term as Vice President of the Emerging Infections Committee for the CIC. Dr. Singh is actively engaged in interfaith work, and serves on the boards of the Orange County Interfaith Network as well as the Interfaith Youth Alliance.
- Dr. Arinder Chadha is a practicing Internist and Hospitalist in the Los Angeles area for the past 20 years and has been a leader of the Alta Hospitals COVID-19 task force team for surge planning and treatment standardization since the inception of this pandemic. Los Angeles was a hotbed of COVID-19 activity during the second surge of the pandemic and Alta Hospitals was a designated safety net hospital of Los Angeles County, dealing with indigent and socioeconomically disadvantaged populations of the Los Angeles area. Dr. Chadha is active in the Southern California Interfaith Community and serves on the board of directors at the Sikh Center of Orange County and the Shri Hemkunt Foundation, and is on the board of advisors at the Sikh Research Institute.
- Dr. Harpreet Pannu is a Staff Physician at the Department of Medicine at the Permanente Medical Group, Inc. Dr. Pannu is a co-Founder and Managing Director of Guru Nanak Free Medical Clinic at the San Jose Gurdwara. He has been working to raise awareness about COVID-19 and safety among sangat members since the beginning of the pandemic.
- Guldeep Singh Sethi serves as the Secretary at Guru Nanak Mission Gurdwara in Oakland, NJ. The gurdwara is located in Bergen County in New Jersey, one of the hardest hit areas during the height of the pandemic early- to mid-last year. As part of the leadership team at the gurdwara sahib, Guldeep Singh works to ensure that sangat safety remains a top priority and that safety measures are constantly updated and communicated to the sangat. They have incorporated many safety measures and also innovative ways for folks to attend sangat safely.
- Dr. Gurpreet K. Padam, our moderator, is a board-certified Family Medicine physician and Palliative Medicine subspecialist with extensive experience in ensuring that our community has critical health information that is communicated with attention to Gurmat mindfulness and cultural as well as linguistic context. She has been working alongside numerous clinicians, community members and leaders from across the United States and Canada to lead the North American Sikh Medical and Dental Association's (NASMDA) COVID-19 Response Team since the beginning of the pandemic. As a part of serving the community Dr. Padam co-founded the Guru Nanak Free Medical Clinic for the uninsured at the San Jose Gurdwara, California, and she also co-founded Sikh Family Center (SFC), a non-profit grassroots community-based organization that helps create healthy, violence-free, more equitable communities.
As a reminder, this webinar will focus on best practices for gurdwaras and sangat members as we enter the next phase of the pandemic. Our speakers will provide an update on the pandemic and vaccination efforts in the United States, while also offering solutions on how best to keep the sangat safe both inside and outside our gurdwaras as differing numbers of people are vaccinated throughout the country. We welcome all interested sangat members to participate, and we encourage at least one person from your gurdwara’s leadership committee to attend this forum.
As always, the Sikh Coalition urges you to practice your faith fearlessly.
The Sikh Coalition, in collaboration with the North American Sikh Medical and Dental Association (NASMDA), the Sikh Family Center, and the Jakara Movement, is working to ensure that all Sikh Americans have access to information and resources regarding vaccinations for COVID-19. While we are not a public health organization, we are pursuing this work so that we can all do our part to keep ourselves and our communities safe. Please visit our website for more resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this work, and always consult your doctor with specific inquiries about your personal health.