The Sikh Coalition seeks a highly motivated staff attorney based in the organization’s office in New York City. The staff attorney will provide direct legal services to victims of hate crimes, employment discrimination, public accommodation discrimination, profiling, and other forms of discrimination. This is a full-time position that reports to the Coalition’s Legal Director.
- Representing and advocating on behalf of Sikhs in a wide range of civil rights matters;
- Analyzing clients’ claims under relevant law;
- Conducting legal research, and drafting legal memoranda and pleadings;
- Assisting with litigation in civil cases before state and federal courts and administrative agencies;
- Managing intake (interviewing prospective clients and providing advice and referrals);
- Recruiting pro bono counsel and collaborating with other attorneys;
- Supervising and managing interns;
- Representing the Sikh Coalition at meetings and speaking engagements.
For more information, please visit http://sikhcoalition.org/jobs.asp
Western Region Coordinator
The Sikh Coalition's Western Region Coordinator will be charged with leading our outreach and fundraising efforts in Northern California. This is an exciting position for someone interested in joining a high impact non-profit team and who likes to take initiative. He/She will be expected to expand the Coalition’s base in Northern California, contribute to an organizational culture that encourages staff participation in the strategic vision of the organization, devise new operating processes for the organization when necessary, and be able to creatively solve problems. The position reports to the Sikh Coalition's Executive Director.
- Managing personnel, budgets and operations in our Western Region office
- Creating and executing region-specific programmatic plans to meet the Sikh community's needs in the Western Region
- Fundraising to support our Western Region operations. This includes grant-writing, relationship-management with individual donors, growing our donor base and hosting fundraising events
- Coordinating the work of the Western Region office with national Sikh Coalition initiatives
- Establishing working relationships and partnering with local advocacy and community-based civil rights organizations
- Cultivating and maintaining a pipeline of volunteers, interns and staff throughout the Western Region
- Other duties as need arises
For more information, please visit http://sikhcoalition.org/jobs.asp.