Teacher Certification 101 Workshop - Tumwater
The 2017 legislative session introduced many changes to teacher certification requirements. Do you have questions about certification requirements, timelines and continuing education requirements? Get your questions answered at the WEA Teacher Certification 101 workshop.
- Washington state requirements for teacher certification
- Overview of changes to second-tier licensure/Professional Certification
- Certificate renewal requirements including new STEM and TPEP training requirements and Professional Growth Plans (PGPs)
- Adding endorsements
National Board Certification
- Revised NBPTS portfolio and Assessment Center requirements
- Timelines and candidate support options
- Policy incentives
- Washington National Board Conditional Loan information
- WEA National Board Jump Start and Home Stretch opportunities
- NEA edCommunities platform and certification resources
- Navigating OSPI's eCert program
- WEA professional development opportunities
Dinner will be provided at 4:30 p.m. and training will be held from 5-7 p.m. The workshop includes 3 FREE clock hours for WEA members.
Seating is limited to 40 WEA members. Registration closes at 5 p.m. Jan. 17. Questions? Contact Jeannette Lael or call 360-943-1776 (or toll free at 800-244-0147).
Event LocationWEA Chinook UniServ Council
5220 Capitol Blvd SE
Tumwater, WA 98501