One Word: Jobs!
While Republican leaders are urging the Federal Reserve to keep millions out of work as part of their continuing political posturing, ADA is pushing for jobs harder than ever. With the real unemployment rate continuing in excess of 15%, it is clear that we're in the middle of a jobs crisis and need real leadership and bold solutions. This is not the time for political games. This is the time to put our country back to work.
Learn more about ADA's Vote for Jobs campaign and take action now by sending this Letter to the Editor to your local paper in less than a minute.
Stand Up for Postal Workers
The Postal Service plans to break labor agreements, layoff 120,000 workers, and reduce mail service. They're also considering shutting down many offices and drastically cutting back on essential workers' benefits. Rallies to support the postal workers are planned for tomorrow in every Congressional district across the country. Join a rally near you tomorrow - check here to see where!
Video of Jontz Lecture Now Available!
Did you miss the 3rd annual Jim Jontz lecture on health care from the state perspective? Now you can watch it at your convenience and learn about current state perspective on health care reform. It was a information-packed, substantive discussion that can help all of us continue to make quality, affordable health care for all a reality.
- Dr. Karen Davis - President, The Commonwealth Fund
- Hon. Heather Mizeur - Maryland House of Delegates
- Ms. Tara Straw - Legislative and Policy Director, Health Care for America, NOW!
- ADA’s New York City chapter joined with Unite Here! to successfully help to organize the Boathouse restaurant. Community pressure and labor solidarity helped more than 40 workers regain their jobs as the company agreed to recognize the union!
- Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell (DADT) is history. Michelle McLeod tells her story of what this means to her as a veteran and a lesbian who faced the cruelty of DADT.
- ADA President Rep. Lynn Woolsey (D-CA) authored this letter to the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction (the “Super Committee”) urging them to consider exorbitant Iraq and Afghanistan war spending costs as they work toward their savings benchmarks.
- Are you one of our more than 3,000 fans on Facebook? Join the conversation!
Donate to ADA
ADA: Proudly. Staunchly. Liberal
Click here to donate
How Liberal Are You?
Answer the same questions ADA used to score lawmakers in the ADA Voting Record. Then, compare yourself!
Click here to take the quiz
Tell a Friend
Have a liberal friend itching to get active? Tell them about ADA in one easy step.
Click here to tell a friend about ADA