Hawkeye Vision 2012: Caucusing for Working Families
The ADA Education Fund is proud to host a political roundtable featuring key Democratic leaders who will offer the progressive viewpoint on important issues facing working families and the role those issues will play in the 2012 elections.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012 (Caucus Day) at 10 a.m.
Cowles-Kruidenier Auditorium, Iowa State Historical Building
Des Moines, Iowa
◦ Welcoming remarks from U.S. Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA)*
◦ U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison (DFL-MN), Co-chair of Congressional Progressive Caucus
◦ Celinda Lake, President of Lake Research Partners and leading political pollster
◦ Dennis Van Roekel*, President of the National Education Association
◦ State Senator Joe Bolkcom (D-IA), Chair of the Progressive States Network
More details here.
Howard Dean & ADA’s Working Families Win Join Forces
Yesterday ADA’s Working Families Win New Hampshire chapter and New Hampshire Citizens Alliance teamed up to hold a special awards event featuring former Vermont Governor Howard Dean. The event celebrated successes of 2011 and energized Granite Staters for the work ahead in 2012.
ADA’s Working Families Win is based in Keene, NH, and since its founding in 2006, has engaged over 1,500 low- and moderate-income citizens to advocate for policies and programs that improve the health and economic security of working families.
Martin Luther King Essay Contest -- Win a U.S. Savings Bond!
As the ADA Education Fund prepares to host the 3rd annual “What Would Martin Do?” panel discussion, we call on writers (young and old) to answer the question, “What Would Martin Do?”. Submissions should answer that thought-provoking question while envisioning a conversation between Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and President Barack Obama. Read more about contest rules and top prizes!
Former ADA President, Rep. Barney Frank, Announces Retirement from Congress
Last week, Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA) announced that he would retire after 16 terms in the U.S. House of Representatives. As a former President of ADA, he remains a strong supporter of our organization. We salute Rep. Frank for his decades of fighting for working families and wish him well as he enters a new chapter of liberal advocacy.
- Have you seen the new Fall edition of ADA Today? This free online publication features articles by Sen. Sherrod Brown, Rep. Dennis Kucinich, Randi Weingarten, James Roosevelt, Jr., and more! Download it here!
- A new compilation of global health statistics has just been released. Can you guess where the U.S. ranks? Read Bob Lucore’s latest ADA blog here.
Donate to ADA
ADA: Proudly. Staunchly. Liberal
Click here to donate
How Liberal Are You?
Answer the same questions ADA used to score lawmakers in the ADA Voting Record. Then, compare yourself!
Click here to take the quiz
Tell a Friend
Have a liberal friend itching to get active? Tell them about ADA in one easy step.
Click here to tell a friend about ADA