Public Investment: Key to Prosperity
The next ADA Education Fund Congressional briefing will explore how public investment in physical infrastructure (roads, bridges, sewers, transit), as well as in human resources (such as through education and health care), makes the modern economy possible and leads to general prosperity. The event is intended to rebut the notion that "government doesn't create jobs."
When: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 – Noon to 1:00 PM
Where: Capitol Visitors Center, Room SVC 209-08
- Ethan Pollack, Economic Policy Institute
- Debbie Weinstein, Coalition on Human Needs
- TBA, National Education Association
Keep an eye out for more details coming soon!
Maryland Gay Marriage Bill Approved By State Senate
Congratulations to the state of Maryland for recognizing the need for all Maryland residents to have equal rights. Maryland’s State Senate passed the marriage equality bill in a 25-22 vote last Thursday, six days after the House of Delegates passed the bill in a 71-67 vote. Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley is expected to sign the bill into law this Thursday.
On a related note, ADA President Lynn Woolsey was among 10 Congressional Members who stood up for #NOH8OnTheHill.
- As part of his effort to brand himself as a “severe-conservative,” Mitt Romney has recently gone on a full-out attack against labor unions. However, there was a time not too long ago when Romney counted heavily on organized labor.
- Click here to learn how we could save $400 billion and provide 51 million uninsured Americans with comprehensive health care.
Donate to ADA
ADA: Proudly. Staunchly. Liberal
Click here to donate
How Liberal Are You?
Answer the same questions ADA used to score lawmakers in the ADA Voting Record. Then, compare yourself!
Click here to take the quiz
Tell a Friend
Have a liberal friend itching to get active? Tell them about ADA in one easy step.
Click here to tell a friend about ADA