Take Action to Support the Back to Work Budget
Tomorrow, the House of Representatives will vote on the progressive “Back to Work” budget, proposed by the Congressional Progressive Caucus. The “Back to Work” budget is focused on raising revenue, ending the ongoing jobs crisis, investing in our communities and ensuring that all Americans and corporations pay their fair share in taxes.
The GOP budget is not about saving money, it’s about destroying critical programs that benefit working Americans: transforming Medicare into a voucher program; cutting Medicaid and food stamps and turning over what’s left to state governments; ignoring infrastructure, and impoverishing education. All these program cuts are at stake, yet the Ryan budget finds room for millionaires and corporations to receive at least $200,000 in new tax cuts, adding an additional $5.7 trillion to the deficit.
We can’t let that happen.
Rather than Ryan’s plan to protect millionaires and big businesses, the “Back to Work” budget protects all Americans by:
- Closing tax loopholes for millionaires and corporations so that everyone pays their fair share
- Investing in education to modernize schools and rehire teachers
- Creating at least 7 million new jobs in the next year, working to lower the unemployment rate to 5%
- Improving America’s crumbling infrastructure, putting people back to work while repairing bridges and roads in communities across the country
- Investing in protecting America’s unparalleled natural resources and addressing climate change
- Reducing defense spending to more efficient and effective levels
These are the values that America voted for in November. These are the investments that our country needs to strengthen the middle class and create a better future for our children and grandchildren. We can’t let right-wing extremists hijack the conversation: tell your Representatives this is the budget we need.
Send this letter to your Representative now:
I urge you to support the Congressional Progressive Caucus’s “Back to Work” budget. We cannot let right-wing extremists hijack our government and take us down a path of harmful austerity measures, with additional tax breaks for millionaires and corporations that widen income inequality, and weaken the middle class. The “Back to Work” budget will allow us to invest in infrastructure, education, and the environment while creating at least 7 million new jobs and reducing unemployment to 5% over three years.
Please stand up for the middle class and vote for the “Back to Work” Budget. (Send now!)
Use ADA’s online action tools to send this letter to your Representative now! We have to work together to protect the middle class. Take action now.
Looking for More Green This Saint Patrick's Day
For corporations like Verizon, Bank of America, and DuPont, their pot of of gold is not at the end of the rainbow; it's in the Cayman Islands! That's why this St. Patrick's day ADA and Americans for Tax Fairness asked American corporations to pay their fair share and put the GREEN back in the budget.
At noon today, ADA Delaware thunderclapped this tax fairness message throughout social media outlets and reached tens of thousands of activists.
- Senator Rob Portman's change of heart on the issue of marriage equality sparks a discussion, "Is more empathy needed in politics?"
- Last week we recommitted to Wisconsin and encouraged you to attend a free viewing of the award-winning documentary "We Are Wisconsin". Read the responses from two students who watched the film for the first time:
Donate to ADA
ADA: Proudly. Staunchly. Liberal
Click here to donate
How Liberal Are You?
Answer the same questions ADA used to score lawmakers in the ADA Voting Record. Then, compare yourself!
Click here to take the quiz
Tell a Friend
Have a liberal friend itching to get active? Tell them about ADA in one easy step.
Click here to tell a friend about ADA