Frankly We Would Rather Have the Cash
Last night's news that the Republican National Committee had spent $150,000 to clothe Sarah Palin for three months left us scratching our heads. Clearly, the lady doesn't shop the outlets. This is the Party of Joe the Plumber? And, they justify it by saying the clothes will be donated to charity?
Well, if the GOP has that much extra money to throw around, we have some suggestions as to how they could spend it on average working Americans.
For $150,000 one can:
- fill the gas tanks of 2,174 pick up trucks with 25 gallon gas tanks, even at today's prices
- feed 439 families of four for one week
- send 41 students to a community college for one year (including books and supplies)
- provide health care for 16 people (we know that's not very many but we trust Barack Obama to enlarge the group)
- provide quality day care for 600 children for one week
- pay for the classes, exams and licensing fees for 294 Joe the Plumbers (after that the renewal fee is $60 per year)
- pay for 130 weeks, with expenses and health care, for ADA organizing on working families issues (Click here to donate)
Sort of puts it in perspective doesn't it? We're sure this comes in the category of "redistributing wealth" but we really don't mind.
How would you spend Sarah Palin's $150,000 clothing allowance? Click here and leave your ideas in the comments.
Donate to ADA
ADA: Proudly. Staunchly. Liberal
Click here to donate
How Liberal Are You?
Answer the same questions ADA used to score lawmakers in the ADA Voting Record. Then, compare yourself!
Click here to take the quiz
Tell a Friend
Have a liberal friend itching to get active? Tell them about ADA in one easy step.
Click here to tell a friend about ADA