National Call-in Day for U.S. National Health Insurance Act
ADA and our coalition partners are sponsoring a National Call-in Day for HR 676 today, February 12th.
Call your Members of Congress and tell them to support HR 676 the United States National Health Insurance Act - which would ensure every American has access to quality health care. Our national health care system is broken. Now is our chance to begin fixing it.
Capitol Switchboard: 202-224-3121
White House: 202-456-1414
HR 676 would provide the following:
- Doctors' only "paperwork" would be billing the government electronically, as they now do for Medicare. Coping with myriad insurance companies has become expensive and unmanageable.
- Patients and taxpayers would benefit from negotiated prices of prescription drugs.
- Electronic records would foster continuity of care and reduce medical errors.
- Complete data would be available so a professional board could determine what treatments work and which don't.
- Doctors would emphasize prevention.
- Hospitals would be paid based on a global budget negotiated to cover their costs, rather than current practice of billing for each aspirin and each test, thus cutting their paperwork.
You can also send an email by clicking here.
Donate to ADA
ADA: Proudly. Staunchly. Liberal
Click here to donate
How Liberal Are You?
Answer the same questions ADA used to score lawmakers in the ADA Voting Record. Then, compare yourself!
Click here to take the quiz
Tell a Friend
Have a liberal friend itching to get active? Tell them about ADA in one easy step.
Click here to tell a friend about ADA