2016 Access, Equity & Excellence
League of Education Voter’s 6th Annual Activist Training
Saturday, January 23rd, 2016
9:00 - 4:00 pm
In Last year’s legislative session, elected officials directed over one billion dollars towards K-12 funding.
- Where did the billion dollars go? How can you find out?
- Are all communities being asked about how money should be spent?
- Should districts with higher-needs students receive more money?
Join the League of Education Voters and a host of community partners as we follow the money and ask the question on everyone’s mind: Is Funding an Equity Issue? Get the knowledge and the tools you need to speak up and start this important conversation in your own community, all among the company of like-minded education advocates.
Panel topics will include:
- The importance of career and technical education in meeting the needs of Washington businesses,
- The status of charter schools in Washington state,
- Education funding and update on McCleary,
- Advocacy for families of children with special needs (in English and Spanish),
- Financial Aid 101,
- And a lunchtime panel on parent organizing in King County.
Event LocationHighline College
2400 South 240th Street
Des Moines, WA 98198
Parking is free and will be clearly marked.