PACIFIC NORTHWEST HEARING
PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGIONAL HEARING
Monday, April 28, 2014
4:00pm - 8:00pm
Attention voters and activists from Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington! The National Commission on Voting Rights is hosting hearings across the country to learn more about the current landscape of elections. Over the past few years, numerous states have enacted restrictive voting laws, while many others continue to grapple with recurring election administration and electoral reform challenges.
Come out and testify on problems, successes and opportunities for reform in all aspects of voting in the Pacific Northwest– from registration and early voting to Election Day and redistricting. The hearing is free and open to the public; all who are interested may attend and/or speak.
There will be four formal panels of witnesses representing voting rights organizations, community leaders, election officials, and other stakeholders.
There will also be opportunities throughout the event when voters can speak about their experiences. We welcome and encourage you to submit written testimony in advance of the hearing. Note: The opinions expressed during the hearing are solely those of the witnesses.
For more information, please contact Alan Martinson at email@example.com or Miles Fernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Members of the media interested in covering the event should contact Stacie Royster, Lawyers’ Committee at (202) 662-8317 or email@example.com.
- Dolores Huerta, Dolores Huerta Foundation (National Commissioner)
- Rex Burkholder, Center for Intercultural Organizing (Guest Commissioner)
- Dean Foster, Washington State Redistricting Commission (Guest Commissioner)
- Judge Charles Johnson (ret.), NAACP (Guest Commissioner)
- Mary Flowers, Seattle NAACP
- Mack Murray, Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle
- Art Wang, APACE
- Theresa Keaveny, Montana Conservation Voters
- Esther Harlow, Disability Rights Oregon
- David Lord, Disability Rights Washington
- Scott Crichton, ACLU of Montana
- Rhonda Whiting, Western Native Voice
- Matt Barreto, University of Washington
- David Perez, Perkins Coie LLP
- Graciela Villanueva
- Kim Abel, League of Women Voters of Washington
- Tami Davis, Office of the Washington Secretary of State
- Emilio Garza, Washington Bus
- Julie Wise, King County Department of Elections
- Josh Goldberg, Office of the Oregon Secretary of State
- Kappy Eaton, League of Women Voters of Oregon
- Emily Jameson, Oregon Voice
Our Growing List of Sponsors and Supporting Organizations:
ACLU of Montana Foundation • ACLU of Washington Foundation • APACE • Disability Rights Oregon • Disability Rights Washington • Forward Montana • League of Women Voters of Idaho • League of Women Voters of Oregon • League of Women Voters of Washington • Montana Conservation Voters• NAACP • OneAmerica • Oregon Bus Project • Oregon Voice • University of Washington School of Law • Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle • The Washington Bus • Western States Center • Win/Win Network
Other National Commission on Voting Rights Hearings:
Event Location4293 Memorial Way NE
Seattle, WA 98195