Urge your legislators to support paid sick days.
No one should be forced to
choose between their health and a job.
Nearly three million Illinois workers are forced to go to work sick because they don’t have a single paid sick day. The Healthy Workplace Act provides an essential and basic benefit to Illinois workers.
The proposed Healthy Workplace Act (SB 128) will:
• Allow employees to earn up to 7 paid sick days per year, accrued hourly for every 30 hours worked.
• Provide leave: 1) for an employee’s own illness; 2) to care for the illness of an employee’s family member; or 3) for medical appointments.
The Healthy Workplace Act is not only good for workers, but businesses also benefit.
• Workers return faster to full productivity because they regain their health faster.
• Ill workers do not infect others, which decreases absentee expenses.
• Reduces turnover and re-training costs.
The Healthy Workplace Act also protects the public.
• Infections and disease are less likely to spread to co-workers.
• Customers and patients are protected when workers in food service and health settings can stay home when ill.
Urge your legislators to support healthy workers and workplaces by becoming a co-sponsor of the Healthy Workplace Act.
This action is no longer active. To view the current list of our active campaigns click here