STOP The War Supplemental Bill
|President Obama waited until after the election to ask Congress for $11.6 billion extra -- outside the huge existing military budget -- for wars.|
These funds would go to war efforts that the next U.S. president has sometimes said he wants to end (the arming of fighters in Syria) or not commented on at all. It would also give the Afghan military U.S.-made helicopters so that it no longer uses Russian ones.
- miniature killer drones that can be launched by U.S. troops in Iraq -- troops whose boots are, despite White House rhetoric, on the ground.
- secret operations that Congress is expected to fund with our money despite not knowing what they are.
- secret research and testing.
- a war on drugs in Libya and West Africa.
- USAID operations of the sort that have facilitated violent coups in places like Ukraine.