Stay involved in education by joining WEA-Retired / NEA-Retired
- As an Active WEA/NEA member, you can become a Pre-Retired Life Member of WEA-Retired/NEA-Retired before you retire. This choice locks in membership without any further dues after you retire.
- If you are already retired, you can join WEA-Retired / NEA-Retired either by paying one-time Life Member dues or year-by-year Annual Member dues. You will remain one of the nearly three million WEA and NEA voices advocating for students, public schools and the welfare of retirees.
- If you are not currently an Active WEA/NEA Member or were not an Active WEA/NEA member at the time of your retirement, you must select one of the "Associate" member types.
- To be eligible for any of the Education Support Professional (ESP) Retired membership types, you must CURRENTLY be a WEA/NEA Active ESP Member, or have been an ESP Member at the time of your retirement.
- If you want to have your membership dues deducted monthly from your DRS pension payment (Annual membership types only), please fill out the form at this link instead
- If you join as Pre-Retired or Life Retired AND are eligible to maintain an Active-class membership in a WEA Local Affiliate, you must do so. If you do not maintain your Active-class membership, your Retired membership will be cancelled.
- All payments made via this page are NON-REFUNDABLE. It is solely the responsibility of the applicant to ascertain eligibility for association membership.
- If you need more information about Associate or Pre-Retired categories, please see this page.
- If you still have questions, please call 253-765-7018 or email firstname.lastname@example.org