CSP Sign On Letter
Please consider adding your organization’s name to our letter urging Secretary Vilsack to make critical improvements to the Conservation Stewardship Program and to initiate a 2010 Sign up as soon as possible.
The letter urges Secretary Vilsack to:
• ensure that the program effectively rewards sustainable and organic farming systems
• base CSP points and payments on environmental outcomes rather than on when a practice was adopted
• provide a minimum CSP payment for small farms
• better define a resource conserving crop rotation to ensure high environmental standards
• reinstate incentives for the transition of cropland to pasture based production
Deadline COB March 10th. Sign on by scrolling to the bottom and submitting your contact info or send an email to Annette@sustainableagriculture.net. Please include "SARE Sign On" in the subject line of your email.