Take Action: Support the For the People Act
The For the People Act is the democracy reform bill the American people want and deserve. This legislation will put power back into the hands of American voters by making voting easier and more accessible and by modernizing future elections. Over the last two years, we saw it pass the House or Representatives, but get stalled at the Senate. The House is set to vote on the For the People Act in the first week of March and it is imperative that it passes. The For the People Act addresses some of the most pressing issues facing our democracy because it will:
- Restore the Voting Rights Act
- Modernize our voter registration system
- Update the public financing of elections through small donor matching funds
- Curb partisan gerrymandering, and
- Make campaign contributions more transparent.
Contact your Representative TODAY through the Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and tell them Vote Yes on the For The People Act. Put control of our government back where it belongs—into the hands of the people.