|Lunell Haught, President||February 16, 2021|
You are invited to
Democracy Lobby Week February 22-26
Bored at home? Feeling like the quarantine has left you helpless to make the kind of impact you want? While we can't make it safe for you to gather in crowds again, we can offer you an opportunity to have a real impact as well as build community with like-minded advocates at our Democracy Lobby Week, Monday, Feb. 22 through Friday, Feb. 26. Right from the comfort of your home.
There is still time to register!
This year, League of Women Voters of WA and Fix Democracy First are going online to offer a powerful experience to advocate for democracy and learn about important issues with a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. This online format offers an opportunity for everyone around the state who couldn't normally spend a day with us in Olympia to expand their knowledge and flex their advocacy muscles.
Democracy Lobby Week will be packed with useful information to expand your democracy knowledge and impact. Not only will you get the latest information and status on current democracy bills and how you can help move those forward, but you will also hear from legislators, experts on a variety of important topics, and those who will benefit most from our advocacy.
We are taking advantage of the flexibility by scheduling optional programs throughout the week. You will have the opportunity to:
• Meet with your legislators virtually.
• Hear from legislative leaders and expert guest speakers.
• Get in-depth information on critical democracy issues and bills.
• Get trained by professional lobbyists.
• Network with others from your area
• Take a deep dive into the key democracy issues we will be working on this year.
• Hear from national leaders on the state of our democracy issues.
• Discuss how to apply diversity, equity, and inclusion to all advocacy topics.
• Meet League allies, including leaders from diverse communities.
You can learn more about the schedule and other details by visiting our registration page.
Please register today. Then please forward this invitation to others who may be new to advocacy but who care about the state of our democracy.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please reply to this message.