|Share via email or on Facebook/Twitter|
Email and then Call Your Senators - Say Vote No on Fast Track
According to OpenSecrets.org, some $200 Million dollars was spent buying our representatives’ Yes votes on Fast Track*.
So ask your senator two questions:
- “How much were you paid to vote against your constituents and the environment?
- Is it worth losing your seat over this vote?
In a cynical move, the Boehner-led Pro Fast Track Democrat team made the outrageous decision to tack Fast Track on to a bill giving Police and Firefighters a tax break on early withdrawals from their pension funds(1).
On Friday 28 House Democrats voted YES on Fast Track. They are the reason the bill passed. On Tuesday, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell will be pushing for a Fast Track vote—without Trade Adjustment Assistance for workers(2). These are the Senators who voted yes on Fast Track the first time around. Let them know they’ll pay dearly if they sell us out on Tuesday:
Michael Bennet (D-CO)
Maria Cantwell (D-WA)
Tom Carper (D-DE)
Chris Coons (D-DE)
Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND)
Tim Kaine (D-VA)
Claire McCaskill (D-MO)
Patty Murray (D-WA)
Bill Nelson (D-FL)
Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH)
Mark Warner (D-VA)
Ron Wyden (D-OR)
Call the Capitol Switchboard 202-224-3121 or the number from the AFL-CIO 855-712-8441.
Here’s the message;keep it simple:
- Vote NO on fast track
- Don’t cave to GOP pressure; Republicans are not our friends—their votes on TAA are a trap
Focus on pet concerns:
- Claire McCaskill of Missouri cares about seniors.
- Maria Cantwell, Patty Murray, Bill Nelson, and others have championed environmental and water concerns;
- Many have concerns with currency manipulation, immigration and climate change. And Export-Import bank reform. They don't want to be stuck with the customs bill. They need to keep control for now to get changes. The current Fast Track bill will take that away.
Ask your House member to publicly pressure your senators to stand with us. Republicans see Trade Adjustment Assistance for workers (TAA) as welfare—they will vote no once Fast Track passes.
Democrats are on shaky ground. Let’s convince them that keeping our votes matters more than pleasing corporate lobbyists or protecting a lame duck president’s agenda.
Andrea Miller, Executive Director
Elizabeth Warren, Communications Director
2. Senate Fast Track bill has no Trade Adjustment Assistance: http://www.wsj.com/articles/house-passes-fast-track-trade-bill-1434645208
Find out more about People Demanding Action
You are subscribed to People Demanding Action as
Follow People Demanding Action