|Share via email or on Facebook/Twitter|
Create Jobs, Rebuild Infrastructure, Tax the Rich, Redirect Pentagon Spending
President Obama has proposed a 2017 budget blueprint with modest increases in social spending, paid for by closing some corporate tax loopholes. But House Republicans are considering deep cuts and restrictions that would drastically weaken essential programs like Medicare, Medicaid and SNAP/food stamps; repeal Obamacare; cut taxes for the rich; and increase Pentagon spending.
Send Congress a Message: Vote for the People's Budget in March! Each year, the Congressional Progressive Caucus (CPC) offers an alternative budget resolution to the “austerity” budgets supported by the House Majority and Speaker Ryan. The People's Budget offers a solid blueprint to:
- Invest more than $1 trillion in housing, education, transportation, clean energy and safe water to create millions of jobs
- Prevent cuts, restore social spending and reduce poverty by half in 10 years
- Increase educational opportunities, provide Pre-K and debt-free college for all
- Increase, not cut, Social Security and health care
- Close corporate tax loopholes, tax Wall Street speculation and raise taxes on the top 2%
- Redirect wasteful Pentagon spending and redirect to peoples needs, ending Pentagon pork and the overseas contingency "slush fund"
In 2015, the FY2016 CPC People's Budget received 96 votes in the House—a record number. If your House representative supported the People’s Budget last year, we have prepared a Thank You email, if not we ask for a yes vote this year!
There are more than 30 national organizations that support the FY 2017 People's Budget: American Federation of Teachers, American Friends Service Committee, Bend the Arc, Coalition on Human Needs, Daily Kos, Friends of the Earth, National Priorities Project, NETWORK Lobby, MoveOn.org, Peace Action, Progressive Congress and Social Security Works just to name a few.
P.S. If you have a Facebook and/or Twitter account, please use the Facebook and Twitter buttons on the Advocacy Alert to post a message directly on your Congress Member's account.
Find out more about People Demanding Action
You are subscribed to People Demanding Action as
Follow People Demanding Action