|Share via email or on Facebook/Twitter|
Support Prosperity NOT Austerity; Invest in America
Budgets are moral documents; every progressive issue and value is impacted by the Federal budget. Each year, the Congressional Progressive Caucus (CPC) offers an alternative budget resolution to the “austerity” budgets supported by the House Majority and Speaker Ryan. The People's Budget offers a solid blueprint to:
- Invest more than $1 trillion in housing, education, transportation, clean energy and safe water to create millions of jobs
- Prevent cuts, restore social spending and reduce poverty by half in 10 years
- Increase educational opportunities, provide Pre-K and debt-free college for all
- Protect voting rights by increasing funding to voter protection agencies; strengthen DOJ Voter Protection Programs
- End oil, gas and coal subsidies, implement a carbon tax and invest in clean, renewable energy and green manufacturing
- Increase, not cut, Social Security and health care
- Close corporate tax loopholes, tax Wall Street speculation and raise taxes on the top 2%
- Redirect wasteful Pentagon spending and direct to peoples needs, ending Pentagon pork and the overseas contingency "slush fund"
People Demanding Action is a member of The People's Budget Campaign; we are organizing and building support for the FY 2017 People's Budget; immediately after the vote we will begin organizing for the FY 2018 People's Budget and we want your input. Show your support and become a Citizen Cosponsor!
There are many organizations that support The People's Budget but organizational support is not enough; we need to bring this budget to the people through a series of local Town Halls, editorials and just plain conversations over coffee about what a budget that supports working people would do.
We are asking you to do two things: first, sign the petition and second, tell us what you are willing to do as a citizen cosponsor. We need people to help on social media sharing articles, join Twitter storms, visit Congressional offices and host Town Halls just to name a few.
The People's Budget Campaign Sponsors
Last week we held a Webinar where we walked supporters through the entire budget. You can get more information about The People's Budget and review the information shared in the Webinar from our Campaign page. We are publishing articles on Daily Kos, Common Dreams and The Huffington Post about the impact The People's Budget can have on our communities.
We, the people, deserve a budget that reflects our values!
Find out more about People Demanding Action
You are subscribed to People Demanding Action as
Follow People Demanding Action