|Share via email or on Facebook/Twitter|
Get Big Money Out of Politics, Fund Campaigns by Small Donations, Ensure Elections Are Accessible to All Voters
Americans know that the strength of our democracy is tied to each individual voice being heard and every vote counted.
But our current system pushes everyday Americans to the sidelines as candidates work to court big money donors and wealthy special interests. And without the protections of the Voting Rights Act, new attacks on voting are happening across the country. It doesn’t have to be this way.
Legislation in the United States Senate could move us in the right direction.
The We The People package (S. 6 and S.J.Res. 5) would:
- Overturn Supreme Court rulings like Citizens United through a constitutional amendment.
- Shine a light on secret special-interest campaign donations.
- Close the revolving door between Wall Street and bank regulators.
The Fair Elections Now Act (S. 1538) would:
- Elevate the voices of everyday Americans by amplifying small contributions with limited matching funds.
- Break down barriers so Americans of all walks of life, such as service workers, firefighters and teachers, have a greater opportunity to run for office.
The Voting Rights Advancement Act (S. 1659) would:
- Restore and increase protections against voting discrimination.
- Help ensure our elections are safe and accessible to all voters.
Find out more about People Demanding Action
You are subscribed to People Demanding Action as
Follow People Demanding Action