Hands Off Medicare Petition Delivery
This Wednesday, December 7th at 11:00am ET Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY), House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) and Rep. Ted Deutch (D-FL) will join seniors and activists who will deliver more than one million petition signatures demanding that President Elect Donald Trump, House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI), and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) keep their hands off the American people’s earned Medicare benefits.
Nobody voted to destroy Medicare. In fact, Trump ran on a pledge not to touch it. But Speaker Ryan has already announced plans to abolish the program through privatization. Trump has nominated Rep. Tom Price (R-GA), one of Ryan’s closest allies and an ardent foe of Medicare, to be his Health and Human Services Secretary.
- Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY)
- House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
- Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT)
- Representative Jan Schakowsky (D-IL)
- Representative Ted Deutch (D-FL)
- Nancy Altman, Founding Co-Director, Social Security Works
- Rich Fiesta, Executive Director, Alliance for Retired Americans
- Karine Jean-Pierre, MoveOn.org
- Jean Ross, President, National Nurses United
- Max Richtman, CEO, National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare
What: Delivery of 1,000,000+ Signatures demanding that Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell keep their hands off Medicare.
When: Wednesday, December 7 at 11:00 a.m. (EST)
Where: 608 Dirksen Senate Office Building, First St NE, Washington, DC 20002
Petition signatures collected by Social Security Works, CREDO, MoveOn.org, Our Revolution, Alliance for Retired Americans, Daily Kos, Democracy for America, People’s Action, National Nurses United, JustCare, and the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare.
Update Your Profile
Find out more about People Demanding Action
You are subscribed to People Demanding Action as
Click here to unsubscribe
Follow People Demanding Action